Bling it on | Mumbai's obsession with the latest I Phone

       


Mattel said its second quarter net income fell by 24%, hurt by a continued slide in Barbie sales. Ever wondered why Barbie is losing its charm in the market? No its not Katrina Kaif. The reason is that they had barbies in the 90's and now they have their chichi I Phones! Yes, young girls have apathetically been receiving I Phones from their my-hand-is-in-golden-water-and-my-ass-on-diamond-pot fathers and these young girls don't commit to barbie dolls anymore. They make-up their I Phone, buy sweaters, slippers, biscuit, ice-cream and earrings for their babies, in fact it has been observed that some girls talk to their I Phone or is it that they talk in their I Phone, is not clear yet. It is said that apart from seeing their reflection in the screen, playing love percentage games and dressing up the I Phones it can also be useful for making long distance calls. Whether the young girls have figured this out or not is still a question.


"We have introduced new Barbies with tech savvy looks to allure the new age girls" said Mattel CEO Bryan Stockton "The brand Barbie is likely being modestly impacted by shiny cell phone covers"
A girl from South Bombay reported that her friend was presented an I Phone 5 on her sweet sixteen birthday which she ended up dropping in the toilet pot the same night. The after effects of party were such that her father gave her another new I Phone 5 next morning. The birthday girl's friend couldn't go further with the story due to tears of misery.

Increase in sales of I Phone has put pressure on China to increase production of sparkle, glitter and blingy phone covers which has lead to increased sales of sun glasses (to protect non users). But we 90's girls care for nothing but the Barbies... that piece of innocent plastic!


P. S - For us it's nothing but the impossibly thin and beautiful Barbie doll and we will never let I Phone take its place.

Comments

  1. Anonymous7/25/2018

    We are urgently in need of KlDNEY donors for the sum of $500,000.00 USD, WhatsApp or Email for more details: hospitalcarecenter05@gmail.com
    WhatsApp +91 8681996093

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kidney donor needed urgently at Apollo Hospital, we offer huge amount for one kidney only contact me via WhatsApp number: +918122208392 Email: apollohospitalkidneydep@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts