Diary of an ethnic girl | Living Mumbai to the fullest

A black blanket of tiny sparkling light covers me like woollen's warmth in winters, like a loved one's embrace. Being so close it is still far, the mysterious world that directs my actions. The sound of city's hustle bustle plays a symphony in my ears, like the soothing melody in a ball room. The moon light shines on my face from the dark shadows injecting my skin with illumination.


Sitting at the Queen's Necklace as Mumbai's Marine Drive is called, is a rendezvous with the city itself. This moment of wish fulfilment is so real like the presence of God is, like the sense of right and wrong is. As the Arabian Sea splashes droplets of water across my face, I wonder that destiny has bought me all the way from faraway to Mumbai, so I could belong to my ethnicity. Before hearing or seeing the colourful city, I smell the salty air, an air of hope, of love, of heartbreak, of struggle to live and of courage.

I don't remember when was the first time I sat on the promenade of Marine Drive, but I do know that every single time feels like the first time, and I do know that this place will forever be my go to place for solace in the city.

Comments

  1. wooo hooo nice yar .................

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are today here.....doing wat we had to....everything tht happened till date was to help us reach here...realise wat wehav as we r...
    so u mean i studied in school....went co chandigarh did my college and came to mumbai and waited for a few years and get admitted to livewires and became friends with u to ultimately read this blog of urs...ha haha....shayad sach keh rahi hai......intresting...everything ahs a reason....destiny brigs us to where we r..all we have to do is choose which way to go

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. u hv to believe in destiny to dream!!! n u hv 2 dream to believe in destiny!!!
      dats is how u r my frnd!!!

      Delete
  3. every single thng in this is true :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. v share a lot of common thoughts den!

      Delete
  4. that is why it is called city of dreams.......
    sab kuch ganda hai phir bhi sab kuch acha hai....

    ReplyDelete
  5. so true...
    wonderfully presented:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your story is very amazing Private tutor Ocala Mumbai life is amazing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts