The art of absurdity

Once a friend asked me how is it that I am always so happy and in the blink of an eye I answered, because I am always in love.” My words amazed me, why did I say that and what did I mean? With time (and a few heartbreaks) I realized that I am always falling in love with humans, with ideas, songs, places or even dreams. I feel the passion and excitement running through my veins and giving me jitters for not just living beings but also things and imaginations. I love the way I love. I love the dysfunctional emotions I emanate and the utter confusions I create. I love that I am simple through my eyes but difficult to gage for others (narcissism alert!). And then there are surprises and that is another epic altogether.

So what are the things that are currently making me happy? It’s the song Bad Guy by Billie Eilish, it’s the place Kashmir and it has actually enthroned that position since a very long time, it is the color blue, that of the early morning sky when the sun hasn’t dawned to blend its yellow hues, when the sky is just a pale remnant of the last night blended into the fluff of white clouds. I am in love with the web series Fleabag on Amazon Prime and obviously it’s female lead protagonist. I love her for her ability to take shit and her willingness to give it back, sometimes silently, sometimes dramatically and sometimes not at all (isn’t that the ultimate lethal tool?). Lastly I am also in love with the fact that it’s July and the season of sales has officially begun. The knowledge that I can shop unapologetically (well almost) empowers me with the belief that nothing bad can affect me anymore because I will always have bae (materialistic shopping pleasures *winks) to fall back on.

It’s very difficult for me to end articles. To justify why I shared what I shared. But if there is something that the blue sky has taught me, then it is to be audaciously absurd.

Valour in my love.

Coffee by Di Bella, Bandra

Comments

Popular Posts