One day vacay | Fort, Mumbai

Have you ever traveled in your own city like a tourist? Packed sunscreen lotion, sunglasses, cap, scarf, glucose biscuits, bottle of water, everything else and stepped out in the sun to explore? Well I did that and it was so extensive, so exciting, so exhilarating that the day felt like forever! So I call it my "One day vacay in Mumbai" and without writing anything flowery about the beauty of Mumbai, I am simply going to start with my itinerary.

Disclaimer - I am a narcissist. You will know when you see the pictures.

The Pantry

All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast. So head to this amazing joint with spectacular eggs and picturesque ambiance. They've got their Poached Eggs absolutely right, the Cappuccino is to die for and if you still have some room in your tummy, then go for the Toffee Caramel Custard.

You might wana know: They have All Day Breakfast.

Address: Plot No. 14, Ground Floor, Yashwanth Chambers, Military Square Lane, B Bharucha Road, Kala Ghoda Fort, Mumbai.

The Pantry, Fort

Tappu Ki Dukaan

I can't shop online. I need to see, touch, feel things before I buy them and that's why Tappu Ki Dukaan made it to my itinerary even though they have an online store. It's a quirky gift shop, bursting with colors. This corner is an absolute delight for your eyes. It might be a little heavy on your pocket but that is because you'd want to buy almost everything.

You might wana know: It's shut on Sundays.

Address: 27-A, Kermani Building, Above Saxonia Spects, Sir Phirozshah Mehta Road, Fort, Mumbai.

Tappu ki Dukaan, Fort



Horniman Circle Garden

According to the plan we were supposed to go to Asiatic Library and sit reading Paper Towns, that's how much I planned this, but right opposite to the library, we spotted the Horniman Circle Garden and though you've passed this place a lot of times, you never really go. Let me tell you this garden is a paradise! It is surely going to take you back to your babyhood and the best part is that all the slides and swings are up to snuf. Also there is an open gym with lush green trees and colorful flowers for shade.

You might wana know: It's open all days of the week, 8 am to 9 pm.

Address: Kala Ghoda, Fort, Mumbai.

Horniman Circle Garden, Fort

Jimmy Boy

I was so glad I played like a restarted kid in the garden because this place demands appetite. Usually we eat Dhansak, Dhansak and Dhansak in the name of Parsi Food, but this place offers a sizeable Parsi menu. We ordered for Seekh Kebab (could have been juicier), Berry Pulav (killer, killer, killer) and Caramel Custurd (happy ending). Now I know we didn't really do a god job with ordering food because there was Patra ni Macchhi and Jardaloo Salli Boti and Lemon Tart on the menu as well, but there is surely a next time. BTW we were served by Shahrukh who was the sweetest host and helped us with a lot of food photography.

You might wana know: It's Halal.

Address: 11, Vikas Building, Bank Street, Near Horniman Circle, Fort, Mumbai.

Jimmy Boy, Fort

Sail Boat Ride at Gateway

Again this was not planned but a few friends were going and they needed a few more to make a pack of six people, so we just tagged along and it was the best thing EVER! But you must know what happened before this because it's important - Afghan Church trip cancelled, Colaba Causeway shopping happened and changing clothes at The Taj Palace happened.

You might wana know: It's a 2 hour thing and the best time to start is 6 pm.

Address: Apollo Bandar, Colaba, Mumbai.

Gateway, Churchgate

World Streat Food

Difficult to believe but just sitting in a sail boat for 2 hours can make you hungry. Very, very hungry! So we headed to this crazy place with a crazier menu. They had so many cuisines that we took hours and hours to only order our food (and we ended up ordering a lot of food because a vast menu can do that to you). Taiwan's BBQ Chicken Bao was the best thing we ordered from the lot and also the only thing I ate.

You might wana know: Service is slow.

Address: B Wing Dalamal Towers, Opp Manora MLA Hospital, Free Press Journal Marg, Nariman Point, Mumbai.

World Street Food, Nariman Point

Mariiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeee Drive

A blanket of clouds with starry lights above, ice cold promenade, wild sea waves hitting the rock, pearly drops of water splashing across your face, smell of salt, hope and romance in the air - that's the Queen's Neclace, truely made for the Queen Bee. This place is love! This place is Mumbai!

Marine Drive

So that was my "One day vacay in my city Mumbai" where I played the guide, I played the tourist and that was the beauty of it. I am not going to make any promise of coming back with a different itinerary because the last time I wrote about "Ads I have serious problems with - Part 1" I never came back with Part 2. I think my moods and priorities are more uncertain than Justine Bieber's flight needs.

P.S - I wana explore Bandra like a tourist.     

Comments

  1. Anonymous7/25/2018

    We are urgently in need of KlDNEY donors for the sum of $500,000.00 USD, WhatsApp or Email for more details: hospitalcarecenter05@gmail.com
    WhatsApp +91 8681996093

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts