Love lies

Love. What a strange word it is! Like literally oxford dictionary describes it as great affection and pleasure in things. If only it was that simple!

For most of my life I have dealt with love, heartbreaks, desperation and the mystery of falling in love more that once. I love to hate "love" for the outbreak of anxiety it causes in my system. It's a drug I am addicted to. I know all of us as sadists and pain pleasure (read break-up) is as much a part of our lives as love itself is.



Falling in love was the most apt word craved by a poet centuries ago because we do "fall" in love. We fall below our standards, our capabilities, our mind and ourselves. Patience, affection, generosity and calmness are just the side effects. But the moment you try to cage love in the shackles of commitment, it starts deteriorating because one person's love is not meant only for one person. We are polygamist by nature or at least we love to believe that for the sanity of our mind and society because polygamy sounds better than cheating, commitment phobic sounds better than phattu, the list of jargon is endless.

One very wise friend of mine once told me that love doesn't change, we as people change and we change beyond repair. The doll I once loved as a kid is today forgotten in a box, the pretty pink dress I once loved is no more my taste or size. This growth and change of taste is not limited to our childhood, it continues until we go to school, college, graduation, work, marriage and the rest of life. What was once dear will be dear only in memories as we grow. We need change and more than that we need pain and all this only love can give.

For love and all its lies, I only gather more love to offer to the world.


Comments

  1. Anonymous7/25/2018

    We are urgently in need of KlDNEY donors for the sum of $500,000.00 USD, WhatsApp or Email for more details: hospitalcarecenter05@gmail.com
    WhatsApp +91 8681996093

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts