I am thinking about flying unicorns and giant mushrooms

90% of the ocean remains unexplored, so don't tell me mermaids don't exist.

Did you ever think that the life we live in, could actually be a dream that you will wake up from? Did you ever get up in the morning totally clueless of your where about? Did you ever try to seek the super powers within you? (and end up watching Justice League) Did you ever wish to sit at the end of crescent moon like the boy of Dream Works? Did you ever desire sleeping on the clouds and plant a seed that'll grow above the sky as a passage to heaven? Did you ever find a weirdly shaped cereal and don't eat it incase an alien comes to offer powers in exchange? (Ok the alien bit was too much) But if you agree with more than two questions you've lived well, if you disagree... then you need to eat your cereals carefully!


Being born in a liberal muslim family to an extremely practical mother I never really got a chance to "believe" in the parallel universe I constructed as I grew. But they say the more you try to hold the sand the more it slips out of your hand, and that is primarily why I could built a universe with demons and fairies, achieving and yearning, joys and sorrows.

I would wake up to worm crawling in my broken tooth than a coin, yet I left all my broken teeth under my pillow. I would leave my sandal in the park expecting a charming boy to bring it to me, only to see kids using it to play dog and the bone. I closed my eyes trying to teleport, only to find myself in the same old room (these were my Jumpier movie after effects). Point being I never gave up because if my tooth fairy and prince charming and flying unicorn won't come to me, I will travel to them. Thus creating my epic parallel universe that I dive into between lectures, dinner parties and especially when I am in the bathroom, that place is magical.

I wrote this article to share with every person who asks me the most asked question of my life, "What are you thinking?" and every time you think I am a lost soul just remember that somewhere in this world there is an idiot who is pulling the door that says push. There are more jerks in this world than fantasies in my mind.

Comments

Popular Posts